Wearing school uniform is an expectation of our school. This is based on the notion that school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school
- Engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school
- Is practical and smart
- Identifies pupils when outside of school, for example on school trips
- Prevents children from coming to school in fashion clothes that could be distracting in class
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money
- Is designed with health and safety in mind
By attending our school we ask that parents and carers support the spirit of a school uniform and support the school in implementing it.
Therefore, we recommend the following clothing for pupils attending our school:
- Dark green cardigan or jumper
- Grey skirt, trousers or pinafore
- White shirt or blouse
- White or yellow polo shirt
- Green and white checked summer dress
To ensure safety in PE lessons, pupils should wear:
- Plain navy or black shorts (no branded sportswear)
- White T-shirt
- Plain navy or black joggers and hooded top for winter (no branded sportswear)
- No jewellery of any kind
- Long hair tied back
Pupils may wear PE clothes for the full day on PE days.
Please label all clothes. We cannot return lost items to a child unless we know who it belongs to.
Rings, necklaces, bracelets and other fashion accessories are not required for school. Earrings are not recommended and must be removed for PE lessons. Make up should not be worn.
All clothing items can be purchased from supermarkets and do not need to be showing the school logo. If you would prefer logo items, these can be purchased from:
Just Schoolwear Ltd - www.just-schoolwear.co.uk
My Cothing - www.myclothing.com